No. 20/2/2015-16 - CCSCSB
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
CENTRAL CIVIL SERVICES CULTURAL AND SPORTS BOARD
Room No.361, B-Wing, 3rd floor,
Lok Nayak Bhavan, New Delhi.
17th April, 2015
The Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board (CCSCSB) is the Central agency for promotion of Cultural and Sports activities amongst the Central Government employees. The CCSCSB holds All India Civil Services Tournaments and sends teams in prestigious Tournaments in the country. The Board also organizes Inter-Ministry Tournaments in the
following cultural and sports disciplines every year:-
1. Athletics 2. Badminton
3. Bridge 4. Carrom
5. Chess 6. Football
7. Hockey 8. Kabaddi
9. Cricket 10. Swimming
11. Table Tennis 12. Lawn Tennis
13. Volleyball 14. Shooting ball
15. Wrestling 16. Basketball
17. Power lifting & Weightlifting 18. Cultural (Music Dance & Short Play)
2. The Board after every two-year invites names of dedicated volunteers amongst the Central Government employees to act as Convenor of various sports/games organized by the CCSCSB. The term of the convenors appointed in 2013 have since lapsed The Board proposes to appoint new convenors for the years 2015-17 and accordingly nominations are invited in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I), for all the above sports and cultural activities. Separate application should be filled for each discipline.
3. The duties and responsibilities of the Convenor are given in Annexure-II. The Board is looking for experienced and dedicated Convenors. Welfare Officer of the Ministries and Departments are, therefore, requested to recommend only names of deserving candidates for taking up the task of Convenor, after going through the qualification and experience required by the candidates in cultural and sports activities to assess their suitability to act as Convenor of the game. Proficiency in the sport applied for is the basic criteria for nomination as Convenor in the Board. The prescribed proforma (Annexure-I) should be counter-signed by the Welfare Officer of the Ministry/Department.
4. The Board may, if required, invite the candidates for personal interaction to assess their suitability for the task to be assigned.
5. The applications from the suitable and deserving volunteers to act as Convenors of the Cultural and Sports Committees may please be sent to the Board on or before 18.05.2015.
6. All the Welfare Officers are requested to give wide publicity to the circular amongst their employees in the Ministries/Departments and attached/subordinate offices to enable the Board to select deserving candidates as Convenors.