Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Salaries] DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.388, Dated 6th November 2012.
(Iypasi-21, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2043)
ADVANCE – Festival Advance to Government Employees – Enhanced - Orders - Issued.
G.O.Ms.No.116, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated 03-04-2007.
In the Government Order read above, Government have ordered for enhancement of Festival Advance to Government employees from Rs.1,000/- to Rs.2,000/- with effect from 03-04-2007 payable on the occasion of festival once in a year. Various associations of employees have requested the Government for enhancement of the Festival Advance.
2. The Government after careful consideration, direct that the Festival Advance payable to the Government employees be enhanced from Rs.2,000/- to Rs.5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only). There shall be no change in the existing procedure for sanction and recovery of Festival Advance.
3. These orders shall also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff of the local bodies, aided educational institutions and the employees who are eligible to draw the Festival Advance, as per rules in force.
4. These orders shall take immediate effect and apply to festivals to be celebrated after the date of issue of this order.
5. The expenditure shall be debited to the Sub-detailed head 01.Festival Advance-Debit and Detailed head 49.Festival Advance under the relevant Sub-Head, Minor, Sub-Major and Major Heads of Account.
6. Necessary additional funds will be provided in Revised Estimates / Final Modified Appropriation 2012-2013. Pending provision of such funds in Revised Estimates / Final Modified Appropriation 2012-2013, the Treasury Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers are requested to make payment of the enhanced Festival Advance as and when bills are presented without waiting for the authorisation from the Principal Accountant General (A&E), Tamil Nadu, Chennai-18.
7. This order is issued with Additional Sanction Ledger No.1562 (One Thousand Five Hundred and Sixty Two).
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT