PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub:- Grant of Dearness Allowance in the Revised Pay Scales 2012 - Reg.
READ: (l) G.O. No. FD 23 SRP 2011, dated: 15.06.2011
(2) G.O. No. FD 7 SRP 2012, dated: 2l.04.2012
(3) G.O. No. FD l7 SRP 2012, dated: 14.05.2012
(4) Letter No. GEA/2147/2012-13 dated 01.10.2012 received from the
President, Karnataka State Government Employees' Association.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO. FD 25 SRP 2012,
BANGALORE, DATED 17th OCTOBER 2012
The Official Pay Committee-2011 constituted in Government Order dated: 15.06.2011 read at (1) above had recommended revision of pay scales of the State Government employees with effect from lst April 2012 and the revised pay structure recommended by the Committee related to index level of 191.5 points in AIACPI (IW) 2001 series (Base 2001=100) by merger of Dearness Allowance of 76.75% admissible on 1st January 2012. The Committee had also recommended to sanction Dearness Allowance to State Government employees with effect from lst July 2012 in the Revised Scale 2012 at the rate of 0.604% for every l% Dearness Allowance sanctioned by the Government of India to its employees with effect from 01.07.2012. Accordingly orders have been issued in G.O. dated: 21.04.2012 read at (2) above.
2. Government are pleased to sanction Dearness Allowance in the Revised pay Scales 2012 at the rate of 4% of Basic Pay to the State Government employees with effect from 1st July 2012.
3. The increase in Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash.
4. These orders will apply to the full time Government employees, employees of Zilla Panchayats, work charged employees on regular time scales of pay, full time employees of aided educational Institutions and Universities who are on regular time scales of pay.
5. For the purpose of this order, the term 'Basic pay' means, pay drawn by a Government Employee in the scale of pay applicable to the post held by him and includes:
a. Stagnation increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
b. Personal Pay, if any, granted to him under sub-rule (3) of Rule 7 of the Karnataka Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2012.
c. Additional Increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
6. Basic Pay shall not include any emoluments other than those specified above.
7. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 paise shall be ignored.
8. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OF KARNATAKA
(SUNDARA RAJA GUPTHA)
Deputy Secretary to Government
Finance Department (Services-2)