RB/ESTT. No. 138/2011
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 05.10.2011
The General Managers (P)
All Indian Railways and
Production Units etc.
(As per standard list).
Sub:- Fixation of pay of medically decategorised running staff while kept on supernumerary posts - Granting benefits of running allowance - Regarding.
The question of fixation of pay of medically decategorised running staff for the period from the date they are declared unfit till their final absorption in alternative appointment i.e the period during which they are kept on supernumerary post for want of suitable alternative posts due to which it has not been possible to adjust the employees concerned immediately, has been engaging attention of the Board for quite some time.
2. The matter has been considered by the Board and it has been decided that the pay of medically decategorised running staff while they are kept on supernumerary posts i.e from the date, they are declared medically unfit till the date they are absorbed in suitable alternative posts, needs to be suitably fixed by addition of the pay element of running allowance as may be in force. Their pay during this period will be fixed based on their pay in Pay-Band and Grade Pay plus pay element of running allowance as may be in force. As such, supernumerary posts wherever found necessary may be created at appropriate level. After fixation of pay in such a manner, no allowance in lieu of kilometerage shall be admissible.
3. However, it is reiterated that there should be minimum delay in redeploying medically decategorised running staff against alternative posts. Serious efforts should be made to locate suitable alternative posts for such staff immediately and at the most within a period of three months. Any unreasonable delay must be avoided. It will be the responsibility primarily of the officer under whom the concerned Railway servant was directly working to find a suitable job for him.
4. The instructions for fixation of pay of medically decategorised running staff on their absorption in suitable alternative posts will be issued separately.
5. This issue with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Railway Board.
6. Please acknowledge receipt.
Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Director Estt.(N)
Click here to view the RAILWAY BOARD ORDER..