GOVERNMENT OF KERALA
Finance (Anomaly Rectification Cell - A) Department
Dated, Thiruvananthapuram, 15.07.2011
Sub: - Pay Revision 2009- Pay fixation of Part-time Contingent Employees-further
Ref: - (1) GO (P) No.85/2011/Fin dated 26.02.2011
(2)GO (P) No.143/2011/Fin dated 30.03.2011
(3) GO (P) No.86/2011/Fin dated 26.02.2011
(4) GO (P) No.144/2011/Fin dated 30.03.2011
Government, as per the references cited, have issued orders revising pay and allowances of state government employees, staff of educational institutions, teachers, university employees etc. For the first time, new scales of pay have been sanctioned to part-time contingent employees. A large number of representations / enquiries have been received from individuals, service organizations and Heads of Departments seeking clarification regarding the pay fixation of part-time contingent employees. In view of this, Government are pleased to issue the following clarifications in this regard
2. As per para 9 of Pay Revision Order cited above, three scales of pay have been newly introduced for different categories of part-time contingent employees. The categories, rate of remuneration during 2004 Pay Revision and the new scales of pay eligible for each category are as follows:
Rate of remuneration
Scale of Pay as per 2009
I. Night school Teachers/Librarians
II. Part-time Sweepers/Cleaners, whose area of work is 400 sq.m above but below 800 Sq.m
III. Part-time Sweepers/Cleaners, whose area of work is 100 sq.ni above but below 400 sq.m
3. The existing part-time contingent employees will come over to the newly introduced scales of pay and the pay will be fixed at the minimum of the scale of pay eligible for each category w.e.f 1.07.2009. In the case of those who have been drawing the basic remuneration, and an additional increase of Rs. 150/-, Rs. 150/-, Rs. 100/- for completed years of 8, 16 and 23 years respectively as per the 2004 pay revision, such quantum of increase will be added to the minimum of the scale of pay of the respective categories and pay will be fixed at the next stage in the newly introduced scales of pay. Even if it is a stage in the new scale. next stage will be allowed. By the above fixation, a minimum benefit of Rs.300/- should he ensured. The minimum benefit of Rs.300/- may be calculated by deducting the remuneration which the employee was eligible during 2004 Pay Revision, from the revised pay as on 1.07.2009 calculated as above.
4. The next increment falls on completion of one year from the date of fixation of pay and in successive years accordingly. The revised scale of pay and allowances may be granted in cash from February 2011. Arrears of salary on fixation of pay in the revised pay scale from 1.07.2009 till 31.01 2011 may be credited to the Provident Fund account of the employee.
5. A ready reckoner for the fixation of pay of all the three categories of Part-time Contingent Employees is appended.
BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR
Additional Secretary (Finance)