Finance (BPE) Department,
Chennai - 600 009.
Letter No. 28002 / BPE / 2011-1/ Dated: 30.5.2011
Special Secretary to Government.
The Chief Executive Officers of all
State Public Sector Undertakings / Boards
Sub: State Public Sector Undertaking / Boards - Revision of scale of pay to certain categories of employees - extension to State Public Sector Undertaking / Boards for adoption - Regarding.
1. G.O.Ms.No.250,Fin(BPE)Dept dt. 17.06.2009.
2. Govt Lr.No. 48070 / BPE/2010-1/dt. 23.9.2010.
3. G.O.Ms.No. 45, Fin(PC) Department dt. 10.2.2011
4. G.O.Ms.No. 63, Fin (PC) Department dt. 26.2.2011
5. G.O.Ms.No. 65, Fin (PC) Department dt. 26.2.2011
In the G.O. first cited, Government have implemented the revision of scales of pay to the employees of State Public Sector Undertakings / Statutory Boards taking into account the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No. 234, Finance (PC) Department dated 1.6.2009 on the recommendations of the Official Committee on revision of scales of Pay and Allowances etc. to the Government employees based on the recommendation of the Central Sixth Pay Commission.
2. Government have implemented the revision of scales of pay based on the recommendations of One Man Commission to certain categories in various G.Os and such G.O.s have not been extended to the employees of State Public Sector Undertakings / Boards till date. However, the Chief Executive Officers of all State Public Sector Undertakings / Boards were requested to forward suitable / comprehensive proposal to Government for examination subject to certain conditions mentioned therein.
3. In the meantime, revision of pay in respect of certain categories like Junior Assistant / Typist/ Assistant / Steno-Typist Grade III, Record Assistant, Record Keeper, Drivers have been ordered in G.O.s 3rd, 4th & 5th cited.
4. Now, some of the State Public Sector Undertakings / Boards have been requesting to revise the Grade Pay to Assistants, Junior Assistants/ Typists, Steno-Typist Grade III, Drivers etc., in line with the G.O.s mentioned at Para 3 above.
5. In order to bring out parity and standardization in the pay scales available to the employees of State Public Sector Undertakings / Boards vis-ã-vis Government employees, I am directed to state that the G.O.s 3rd, 4th & 5th cited may be extended to the employees of State Public Sector Undertakings/Boards for adoption duly considering the aspects mentioned at Para 2(a) to 2(f) of Government Letter 2nd cited and subject to the conditions that (a) the State Public Sector Undertakings/Boards should not seek any financial assistance from Government for this purpose and (b) the subject may be placed before the respective Board of Directors for approval.
For Special Secretary to Government
To view the Order pls click here...